Home Forums Phone App Start Line

• Creator
    Topic

How does the software know where the start line is?

• Author
    Replies

The start line is set manually based on provided information. From there, the system recognizes boats that cross the starting line. We are currently developing an algorithm that will recognize when boats pass a mark but for now, that is set manually as well. This allows the system to split up the race analysis by leg.

I can’t seem to find the function that allows the start to be entered manually on the iPhone App. Does this need to be done from the website?

I am sure you are already working on it, but a quick button on the app to set the pin and boat based on current position would be amazing.

I used this app for the first time last night, and already love it. A lot of potential here.

Hi Erik,
    All of the 3D replays are based in Google Earth, so they don’t work on tablets or phones yet. The starting line and course are all set in the 3D replay, after the race. So, you need to be on a computer. You set it by clicking on the “setup” tab, on bottom of the control panel on the right hand side in the replay.

I wonder if you are looking for a feature that was in our original app “perfect start”. That feature let you set the pin and the boat, and gave you a count down to the starting line. We removed this feature in the basic app for various reasons, mostly because it broke the racing rules for some fleets, and many people were not allowed to use the app. We plan to re-release this as a plug-in at a later date for those people that like it. The current app is primarily designed to make it very easy to record your race and create a 3D replay for post race evaluation. I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Julia Berg, Marketing Communications, raceQs

I would <span class=”st”>Definitely</span>  like to get the plug in perfect start. the start is most important part .also the start dictates a lot of the strategy for the rest of the race.

Hi,
    Do you have a release date for the perfect start plugin?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. or