Home Forums Sailing Journal Cant find log data on Android

• Creator
    Topic

Hi

I want to correct times in log files directly on SD storage card in order to preserve  the boat dynamic data.

I used the Sergey’s hint to find data files. See below.

Unfortunately I can’t see the recent log files (2016) only log files from last year 2015 are visible. My raceQs version is a3.1.51. Android version 5.1.1

Example: …\Android\data\com.gsapps.raceqs\files2015-09-16 12.22.49+0200.csv

Where are the new log files.

Thanks

Dejan

<span style=”color: rgb(86, 86, 99); font-family: signikaregular, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 12px; background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244);”>At August 15, 2014 at 12:54 am Sergey Lubarsky wirten </span>

<span style=”font-family: signikaregular, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 16.8px;”>Android app</span><br style=”outline: none; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: transparent; font-size: 14px; font-family: signikaregular, sans-serif; line-height: 16.8px;” /><span style=”font-family: signikaregular, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 16.8px;”>– Connect the phone to the computer and make sure you can see the files on the phone.</span><br style=”outline: none; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: transparent; font-size: 14px; font-family: signikaregular, sans-serif; line-height: 16.8px;” /><span style=”font-family: signikaregular, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 16.8px;”>– Go to the folder located at Device Storage (or SD Memory Card) -> Android -> Data -> com.gsapps.raceqs-> Files</span><br style=”outline: none; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: transparent; font-size: 14px; font-family: signikaregular, sans-serif; line-height: 16.8px;” /><span style=”font-family: signikaregular, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 16.8px;”>– locate the tracks files and upload them to your journal manually.</span>

• Author
    Replies

Dejan,

In our logs I’ve found a list of track files on your device. There is one recent track and some from 2015. There is no 2015-09-16, though. So, there are two com.gsapps.raceqs folders on your device.

Sometime between 2015-09-16 and 2015-09-30 Android has changed its mind on what storage to expose to the raceQs app. This could happen as a result of inserting/removing an SD and some other events.

Try to remove an SD card and then check com.gsapps.raceqs again. You may also need to reboot the phone.

Hope this helps

Thanks raceQs

I’ve checked also with Android file browser and files are on proper place, but when I connect the device to Windows via USB and navigate to <span style=”color: rgb(86, 86, 99); font-family: signikaregular, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 16.8px;”>…\Android\data\com.gsapps.raceqs\ </span>only older files are visible.

It looks like some hidden attribute is set or something.

The problem has workaround:

The file can be seen via Windows on Download directory if it is open on Android and saved to Download directory.

Regards, Dejan

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. or