Home › Forums › 3d Race Replay › Map scroll/zoom does not work with Mac computer › Reply To: Map scroll/zoom does not work with Mac computer
Christopher, “Touch” tab of the hint relates to touch screens, not touchpads. For web sites, touchpad is almost indistinguishable from mouse. Please refer to “Mouse” tab of the hint.
– Mouse: move while holding primary button pressed. This should just work. With any mouse. Although, some users report strange bug here, which we can’t reproduce. Any help (steps) is appreciated.
– Touchpad: move while holding primary button pressed (or if “tap to click” is enabled: down-up-down-move). For the app this is indistinguishable from mouse. Same bug could manifestate.
– 3-button mouse: rotate the wheel or drag with right button.
– 2-button touchpad: drag with right button pressed.
– 1-button mouse: no luck. In addition to (+) and (-) on-screen buttons we need keyboard shortcuts.
– 1-button touchpad: no luck. While there are various zooming gestures, they are too diverse and can’t be reliably used in a web app (until somewhat standardized and supported by browsers).
– 3-button mouse: drag with middle button.
– 1-button mouse and touchpad: no luck. In addition to on-screen compass and tilt button we may need keyboard shortcuts. Currently, we use left/right arrows to step replay backward/forward and up/down arrows to increase/decrease replay speed (by analogy with YouTube player). We could use arrows+some modifier key (Shift, Alt, etc.) to tilt/rotate. Should we then use “plain” arrows to pan and find other keys for steps and speed?
1. Learn to reproduce and fix the bug
2. Assign zoom in/out to [+] and [-] keys
3. Discuss other keyboard shortcuts
Christopher, can you confirm you have an issue panning with a mouse?
– is it persistent or intermittent?
– any previous steps?
– does the same happens on Cesium w/o raceQs?