Home Forums 3d Race Replay Map scroll/zoom does not work with Mac computer Reply To: Map scroll/zoom does not work with Mac computer

If I just go to the Cesium website through either Chrome or Firefox, everything works.  With trackpad on the Mac laptop:

two finger press + drag up = zoom out

two finger press + drag down = zoom in

three finger touch + move around any direction = pan

one finger press + move around any direction = pan

I can’t get the screen to rotate using my trackpad

If using my Apple Mouse:

swipe up = zoom out (like a scroll wheel)

swipe down = zoom in (like a scroll wheel)

press and hold while moving any direction = pan

CTRL + left click and hold + drag left or right= rotate

CTRL + left click and hold + drag up or down= tilt
So to answer your questions: (I’LL USE CAPS TO IDENTIFY MY TEXT.  I’M NOT YELLING

1. Pan:

Mouse: YES THIS WORKS FINE FOR ME ON CESIUM WEBSITE

Touchpad: YES THIS WORKS FINE FOR ME ON CESIUM WEBSITE

2. Zoom:

Mouse: I HAVE AN APPLE MOUSE.  SEE ABOVE

Touchpad: PERHAPS THE ISSUE IS THE PROGRAMMABILITY OF THE APPLE TRACKPAD, MAKING STANDARDIZATION DIFFICULT

I CAN TILT AND ROTATE USING THE CTRL BUTTON PLUS MOUSE CLICK AND THEN EITHER LEFT/RIGHT (ROTATE) OR UP/DOWN (TILT) HOWEVER I CAN’T GET THIS FEATURE TO WORK WITH TRACKPAD.  NOTE THAT THIS IS ON CESIUM WEBSITE ONLY!  THROUGH THE RACEQ INTERFACE, NONE OF THIS WORKS AT ALL.

Is issue persistent or intermittent: PERSISTENT.

Any previous steps:  ??NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN

Does the same thing happen in Cesium without Raceq’s?  AS MENTIONED ABOVE, ON CESIUM WITHOUT RACEQ I EXPERIENCE NO DIFFICULTIES, ALTHOUGH THE FUNCTIONALITY IS NOT ALWAYS BY THE SAME COMBO OF ACTIONS AS THE WEBSITE DESCRIBES, I CAN MAKE IT WORK.

THE ISSUE IS DEFINITELY SPECIFIC TO THE RACEQ INTERFACE WITH CESIUM.

ALSO IMPORTANT: IF I LOAD UP A RACE IN FIREFOX USING GOOGLE EARTH AS THE MAP, THINGS WORK FINE.  BUT IF I SWITCH TO CESIUM, THE PROBLEM IS THE SAME AS WHAT I DESCRIBED ABOVE AND POSTED IN THE VIDEO.
I’ll switch back to non-caps.  In Firefox with Google Earth and using the Apple mouse:

left press + move = pan
right press + move up/down in zoom out/in
rotate = ??

Using Firefox/Google Earth with trackpad:
two finger press + drag up = zoom out

two finger press + drag down = zoom in

three finger touch + move around any direction = pan

one finger press + move around any direction = pan

I can’t get the screen to rotate using my trackpad

Not sure how much help this is.  To sum up, my my Mac right now the only way I can use Raceq’s is using Firefox with Google Earth, not Cesium.