Home Forums Phone App Using External Data prevents recording working

• Creator
    Topic
    Profile picture
    Tom

I have my NMEA data broadcast on a wifi network. Software I’ve written is able to read it.

When I enable external data in RaceQs the bottom of the setup screen shows what looks like valid NMEA data, but no track is recorded. I’ve tried switching the GPS between internal and external but that didn’t seem to help.

Attached a screen shot of the settings screen showing a packet at the bottom.

• Author
    Replies
    Profile picture
    Tom

Actually I can’t upload the screen shot it seems “Upload Errors:
    raceQsNMEA.PNG: Unable to create directory wp-content/uploads/2017/07. Is its parent directory writable by the server?”

Try again to upload the screenshot – the Forum had an error that’s been resolved.

Profile picture
    Tom

Trying again (if this fails I’ll get a link up somewhere).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile picture
    Tom

Perhaps not the best of messages to post. However my own software and iRegatta are both able to read the messages (GPS, depth, speed through water, AWA / TWA / AWS etc) and get viable data (and neither were active at the time). I can also confirm that the message pictured at the bottom of the screen changes.

Profile picture
    Tom

I was wondering if it was the phone (and iPhone 5S) and looked forward to trying with my new phone (pixel XL). Turns out my new phone doesn’t have the option of reading any wireless data. Oh well! Looking forward to a future update where this data can be added, meanwhile I’m still loving the app.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. or