Home Forums Pebble App (Beta) New Garmin release

• Creator
    Topic

I am very excited to announce the release of the first update since we spat the dummy with Garmin and spent 12 months trying and failing to get the Apple Watch to work as a sailing watch.
    During that time we developed some neat new ideas, many of which we have implemented in this version including speed history and an improved wind history display.

It now runs on all the modern Garmin round watches: F5/Q5 and variants, FR 645 and 935, DM Bravo, Descent, Vivoactive-3 and of course the original Vivoactive-HR.

To accommodate many of the enhancements from the Apple Watch version and to overcome the memory limitations, the app has been into two: one for the starting sequence and the other for racing after the gun, linking the two at the expiration of the timer. It’s a little bit clunky, but I think it works really well, and has provided some much needed memory space for further developments.
    Check it out in the Garmin App Store https://apps.garmin.com/en-AU/search?q=raceQs

Please Note: Download the two apps: raceQs (STARTING) AND QsPlus

And don’t forget to try it out at home (do the Training exercise) to get familiar with the new architecture.

• Author
    Replies

I want to install RaceQS on my Vivoactic HR Garmin watch.  As of today, I can’t find the watch app in the Connect IQ store.  Searches for raceqs, qsstart, and qsrace all return “no results”.  The url <span style=”color: #1d2129; font-family: system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, ‘.SFNSText-Regular’, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; caret-color: #1d2129;”> </span>https://apps.garmin.com/en-AU/search?q=raceQs  that you reference above also returns no results.

Has the watch app been removed?  Thanks.

The watch app has been temporarily removed from the Garmin App Store pending an updated version that will be published in the very near future.

We apologise to all those who are disappointed by this step, but we are confident that your patience will be rewarded when the new version is released.

This move will not prevent the continued use of the installed app.

Alan, can I get a copy of an older version? I am  new user.  Racing has begun and I’d like to start using the app.  Thank you.

Hi Tony, Sorry, older versions are not available. We appreciate your enthusiasm and commiserate with your situation. Please be patient, it won’t be long now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. or