Home Forums 3d Race Replay Cannot install Google Earth Plug-in

• Creator
    Topic

Hi

Before I raise a support Ticket I would like to see if I can get some help from the forum.I have never used race QS so don’t have a clue what I’m doing. I have watched all the videos on YouTube so know the rough idea but they haven’t explained how to install the Google Earth Plug-in.

I cannot seem to install the Google Earth Plug-in Into my chrome browser. There is only instructions for Windows 8 but I am running Windows 7. When I go to install the plug-in I get an error messageThat says “The installer encountered error 1603.”

Can anybody advise me on what to do to get this software working?

Thanks

Keith

• Author
    Replies

I have the same problem and have spent the last hour trying to solve it.  I don’t know what to do.

Same problem here. Seems that Google Earth Plugin is deprecated, will not work on latest browsers and will be phased out at the end of this year.

13 days on this and no replies?  Is RaceQs out of business? I can’t view any replays because it says the Google Earth plugin isn’t loaded even though I’ve loaded it 3 times.

by the way, I was able to load the plugin and watch the races on Internet Explorer 11

RaceQs is not out of business; we don’t moderate the forum on the regular basis. If anyone have a support question send it to support@raceQs.com and you will get a response in 24 business hours.

On the subject of Google Earth plug-in.  It’s been retired by Google and is not supported by the latest browsers.  This has nothing to do with raseQs since GE plug-in is a free product by Google. We had switch to 3D replay by Cesium which is a open source alternative to GE. The issue with this platform that it would not work with the old browsers. Please upgrade your browsers to the latest version in order to play raceQs 3D replay.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. or