Home Forums 3d Race Replay multiple boats at once…

• Creator
    Topic

Is it possible to view multiple boats at once (all showing speeds, etc.)?

• Author
    Replies

Right now, the interface is set up to show, at most, two boats at a time. Our reasoning is that we want to provide as much useful information as possible without cluttering the interface. We felt that it is difficult to look at more than two boats at once anyway, but let us know your thoughts if you disagree.

I agree that trying to show too many boats would clutter the interface. having said that I believe up to 4 boats is manageable and will help in certain situations.

thanks
    Andy

I also agree. I think in “fleet view” it would be best to show all boats speed and vectors. This will make it better for fleet replay of the race in the club.

thanks
    dave

I agree, it would be very nice to have the option to see the entire fleet. Our club is looking at using the 3D replay as a teaching tool for our members and having the ability for are newer folks to “visually” see the tactics (losses/gains) of the entire fleet in a single view would be very beneficial.

I agree, it would be very nice to have the option to see the entire fleet. Our club is looking at using the 3D replay as a teaching tool for our members and having the ability for are newer folks to “visually” see the tactics (losses/gains) of the entire fleet in a single view would be very beneficial.

Why limit it to the arbitrary number? Just allow the user to select which boats to show data (and the type of data) on. It would allow for more customization and at different zoom settings, it can naturally make more (or less) space for the displayed data.

As for the type of data, it would be nice to see numerical numbers for course, SOG, and VMG. It could be helpful to have the option to see all or some of the above data for each boat, instead of only SOG.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. or