Home Forums 3d Race Replay 3D Replay no longer working using Google Plugin

• Creator
    Topic

I am aware that the Google Earth plugin is being retired and that you are switching to Cesium, but while the Google Earth plugin was working in Firefox a few days ago, it now doesn’t load (I just get the spinning 3D boat).

I don’t get any option to switch to Cecium in Firefox.

If I load the replay in Chrome I get the same spinning boat but I also get the “Try New Version” button.

Clicking the new version loads 20% and then freezes showing the Google Earth background but no boats or controls  – refreshing the page will usually get it to load.

I also tried IE which also had problems with the Google Plugin that required an update that  wouldn’t install (error 1603) .

The “Try New Version” button was available which worked successfully.

I’m using Firefox 39.0
    Google Earth Plugin Version: 7.1.5.1557
    State: Enabled

Chrome Version 43.0.2357.132

Internet Explorer 11

Win 7 Pro SP1

It might be time to switch to Cesium by default.

• Author
    Replies

Paul,

Thank you for your feedback.

1. Absent “Try new version” in FF could mean that the app failed to update itself. Please, try clearing FF cache

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache

2. Boat spinning infinitely in GE or loading stuck at 20% in Cesium is the same issue. It has to do with server and not GE/Cesium. We are still to find the cause and fix it.

3. In a sense we’ve switched to Cesium – it is loaded for new users by default.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. or