Christopher, “Touch” tab of the hint relates to touch screens, not touchpads. For web sites, touchpad is almost indistinguishable from mouse. Please refer to “Mouse” tab of the hint.
– Mouse: move while holding primary button pressed. This should just work. With any mouse. Although, some users report strange bug here, which we can’t reproduce. Any help (steps) is appreciated.
– Touchpad: move while holding primary button pressed (or if “tap to click” is enabled: down-up-down-move). For the app this is indistinguishable from mouse. Same bug could manifestate.
– 3-button mouse: rotate the wheel or drag with right button.
– 2-button touchpad: drag with right button pressed.
– 1-button mouse: no luck. In addition to (+) and (-) on-screen buttons we need keyboard shortcuts.
– 1-button touchpad: no luck. While there are various zooming gestures, they are too diverse and can’t be reliably used in a web app (until somewhat standardized and supported by browsers).
– 3-button mouse: drag with middle button.
– 1-button mouse and touchpad: no luck. In addition to on-screen compass and tilt button we may need keyboard shortcuts. Currently, we use left/right arrows to step replay backward/forward and up/down arrows to increase/decrease replay speed (by analogy with YouTube player). We could use arrows+some modifier key (Shift, Alt, etc.) to tilt/rotate. Should we then use “plain” arrows to pan and find other keys for steps and speed?
1. Learn to reproduce and fix the bug
2. Assign zoom in/out to [+] and [-] keys
3. Discuss other keyboard shortcuts
Christopher, can you confirm you have an issue panning with a mouse?
– is it persistent or intermittent?
– any previous steps?
– does the same happens on Cesium w/o raceQs?